Tuesday 6 August 2013

Wheeeeeere Have You Been?

I'm still alive!!

There have been countless demands for me to start writing again (mostly just my friend Sarah) (Hi Sarah) so as today I have made frankly one of the most disastrous cakes I have ever seen, (chocolate cake which, I don't understand how, is falling apart simply by standing on a plate) I thought I really do need to do something today which, unlike my poor chocolate cake, doesn't fall apart. So blogging is the answer!

Where have I been, no one cries?
Well mostly First Great Western trains to be honest with you, back and forth from 'That London', where I have been working in two very lovely art galleries, blagging my way through talking about art. "It does have a certain something about it, doesn't it?" Is a very good conversation starter if you ever find yourself in such a situation. 
I'm still not quite sure how I ended up in art galleries, I love art and find it all very fascinating (I watch BBC4 programmes on it, pretend I'm clever whilst beating my high score at Doodle Jump), but unfortunately I cannot, for the life of me, draw. 
I did for a very brief five minutes consider doing my art GCSE, but during my decision remembered my art teacher asking me if my drawing of the Queen, was a joke (it wasn't) and where was the real drawing I decided to maybe go down the old Media Studies route instead. 
Or another very embarrassing time, when me and my parents went for a look round my college before I started and found ourselves in a Fine Art introduction, thinking that it was English (I don't know either), we would have got away with it if it wasn't for the Art Teacher asking me what I was studying in Art at the moment. I'm ashamed to say that instead of answering with a well thought out, quick fire lie, we chose instead to run away. True Story. 

So that's where I have been! Running around Art Galleries and the lovely boroughs of Westminster and Camden, mastering the ability to not only be able to tell the difference between a lithograph and a screenprint (oh yes) but I can now also use a drill and spirit level, which, for frankly one of the clumsiest girls in the world is some sort of bloody miracle.

So there you have it, I am going to try to write on this much more often, if only to keep myself entertained

Love, L xxx

(RIP chocolate cake, we could have had some good times)

No comments:

Post a Comment