Tuesday 17 September 2013

I have never seen....

As someone with a degree in Film and Television and English (2:1 if anyone's interested), people seem to presume I have seen every critically acclaimed film ever made, and have an in depth knowledge of all 'independent' 'art house' films. HA! 

Here is a list of films which I have seen more than once. Most of these were on purpose. 

The Bratz Movie. More than four times. 
Down With Love. Twice.
Wimbledon. Countless times. (I applaud a tennis themed romantic film made purely on the basis that Love = 0 in tennis.) 
Valentines Day. Three times. 
Meet The Fockers. Five times?
Honey. THOUSANDS OF TIMES. 
Big Daddy. Twice. 
Thirteen Going On Thirty. Not enough times. 
High School Musical. At least four times. 

Here is a list of films I have never seen which makes people want to punch me. 

All the Indiana Jones. 
Shawshank Redemption. 
Schindler's List. 
Spirited Away. (Genuinely haven't seen this because it's the favourite film of someone I didn't like when I was little. I know how to hold a grudge.) 
Forest Gump. (I actually went to the Forest Gump restaurant in California, and had to pretend I understood what was going on. Does he just eat a lot of shrimp? I have no idea.)
The Graduate. 
Kramer vs. Kramer. 
Stand By Me. 
The Big Lebowski. 
Any Kill Bill. 
Taxi Driver. 

The sad thing is I own Kramer vs. Kramer, and my friend lent me Forest Gump, but there was always another option when I went to watch them, usually I got distracted by Clueless or The Notebook. Two of the greatest films ever made, and don't you forget it. 

Please don't hate me. 
I'm sorry. 
If anyone wants to lend me The Graduate I do actually want to see that. 

L x

No comments:

Post a Comment