Thursday 20 September 2012

Home Birds

Me and my friends who have finished university/who didn't go to university have decided to join forces into some form of non-criminal fighting league called the 'Home Birds'. Essentially we write down different exercise classes in our immediate areas, promise we'll go there forever and ever, where in reality we all know we'll turn up for one class, eat chips from the gym canteen afterwards and never return. If we do return it will only be to eat chips. Although me and my friend are going to Zumba tonight in the local primary school, and thanks to Jamie Oliver there will be no chips there, which is good.
I remember once at primary school when coming back from swimming we stopped at the local McDonalds, and our teachers bought us all chips, which was very kind of them, but ultimately very irresponsible. 

Other activities us Home Birds are planning on include 'Come Dine With Me', 'Book Club' and 'Film Night'. We are now essentially middle aged people in young peoples bodies. I'm a bit fearful of Book Club really, I only read about 30% of my English books at university, and there was a degree involved there. It has just occurred to me that all of these activities will definitely involve wine. So there we are. Middle aged alcoholics who don't fight crime. 

I am being excused from Home Bird activity tomorrow (pasta bake round the lovely Anje's house) because I am volunteering at the Maggie's London Night Hike, I interned there in the events team over the summer, so that should be lovely. I'm taking my back pack to ensure I look extra cool. 

So off I go to find a suitable zumba outfit. I remember once buying neon leg warmers from Claire's Accessories. Awesome. 

Love, 
L x

No comments:

Post a Comment