Friday 28 September 2012

My iPhone is better dressed than me.

The title of this blog entry will probably work quite well for my inevitable memoirs in thirty years time, as I imagine it will still be true then. My iPhone case has bunny ears and a pom pom tail, a look which I can only acceptably sport on Halloween, which is devastating. Today I am wearing summer dress and what I think is a mans cardigan. Sexy. And perfect for a rain sodden September. 

When I wrote for the style section of my university magazine, I had to go around the town hunting out stylish people and taking their photo in a very non perverted way I promise. And they always said 'Oh I just grabbed this dress/top/jumpsuit out of my wardrobe.' And I would think, if I just grabbed something out of my wardrobe I would most likely go out wearing a fancy dress costume or some tea splattered dress with several holes. It takes me a good two days to work on an outfit that makes me look like I've made no effort at all. Me and my friend have always said that if we were boys, we'd be the best dressed boys in the country, which is little comfort when I'm having a breakdown in my wardrobe at 6pm on a Friday night because I have nothing to wear and might as well never set foot outside my house again. 

One of my best friend turned 22 this week, and got a proper grown up job in London which makes me very happy, but annoyed that she is 22. Which is a ridiculous age. It's our 'Friendship Anniversary' soon, it's been ten years, which means it's TIN. Tinned ravioli for our romantic dinner a go go. Considering my lack of clothes I might just come dressed as the tin man for continuity purposes. 

Love, 
L x

No comments:

Post a Comment